Join Nick Woolsey, and special guest teachers for one or two weeks at Leviathan Studio to enjoy the following activities:
- Before breakfast: Yoga and/or other morning exercises
- 10-12 and 4-6pm: Diving into advanced concepts of dance, rhythm, choreography, and moves
- In the evenings: Spinning poi, enjoying THE BIG SAUNA, and having an awesome time
- In between the rest: Being blown away by the beauty of the gulf islands, eating good food, and running around in the rain forest.
Dates? This is a two week retreat! You can come the first week, June 5-12, or both weeks, June 5-19, or if you’ve been to a Playpoi retreat before, you can come to only the second week, June 12-19. You can also choose to stay an extra day for a summer solstice celebration! :).
The first week will begin with dinner on June 5th. The second week will begin with dinner on June 12th. (And yes, those coming for both weeks get lunch on the 12th)
Cost: $700CAD for one week or $1300 for both weeks, including amazing organic food!
Prerequisites: For this retreat it will be best if you’re comfortable with all the poi basics.
Lodging: Leviathan is RUSTIC. Most people will be camping, so you’ll probably have to bring your own tent and sleeping bag etc.
Please note the following:
- There are no flush-toilets, just nice outhouses.
- There are hot showers.
- There is a dormitory that can sleep 8 (but you still have to bring your own mat and sleeping bag).
- There is solar-electricity so you can use it for important things, but please no hair-dryers etc.
- There is a bar/restaurant with internet in the evenings, a 20-minute walk away.
- It is a remote island, off-grid, no services, a long way to the hospital, rough terrain, no sidewalks or trails once you leave the road, etc.
So things are rustic, and we’re on one of the most beautiful islands in the world! Lasqueti in June is amazing! 🙂
Getting There: Lasqueti Island is several hours travel from Vancouver, including two ferry rides. Hopefully almost everybody can carpool from Vancouver to Lasqueti on the first day of the retreat. If you are not able to get a ride, don’t worry, it’s not so bad by public transit.
- Leviathan Studio requires that you sign a disclaimer form and present photo-ID upon arrival. So please bring a passport or drivers licence.
- I will also ask that you sign a release form agreeing that I can use the videos we make for Playpoi.
- It costs about $38CAD one-way to travel between Vancouver and Lasqueti Island
- Leviathan Studio puts a lot of love into the food. Organic meat is served at most meals (fish, chicken, and lamb). Vegan is an option.
- If you want to arrive on June 6th we can probably lodge you with a local Vancouver poi enthusiast for the evening.
Other notes: Yes, bring other toys! (fire-gear, hoops, levi-wands, juggling balls, slack-lines, unicorns, etc.). Also bring rain gear in case we get rain, swim suits, hiking boots, bug spray, and anything else that may help you enjoy 8 days in a temperate coastal rain-forest paradise. 🙂
We won’t open registration and deposits until January, 2015. If you want to come, please send me a message saying so and I’ll be sure to email you as soon as registration is open!
Big thanks to Vesta Entertainment for help with organizing this retreat!